Friday, March 13, 2009

Chef Assistant Grace

Gracie and I have so much fun in the kitchen! The moment she realizes I am starting to make something, anything (even cereal), she wants to help. This of course means everything takes twice as long, but I feel she has learned a lot. Her current special skills are rolling up crescent rolls, sprinkling cheese, mixing ingredients, and she's actually pretty good at cracking eggs (with my help). She feels her number one job, however, is that of Taste Tester!

Gracie helped spoon the dough onto the pans, I rolled them into balls, and then she pressed each Hershey kiss into them. She loves making cookies, but once they're done, she only cares to eat 1 or 2. She's all about the process!

Grace was born to be in the kitchen even as a baby! (Here she was 4 months old. Don't worry, it's photoshopped but only the flames!)

8 comments:

Dahlia said...

She's such a little lady holding those freshly baked cookies! What a big helper :) And I LOVE that photo of her in the pot. It does take longer when we have little helpers, but it's so worth it to have them learn something they need...plus it's a good time to talk with them too. You're a great mama!

Matt and Amanda Coleman said...

What a cute little baker! Grace is adorable! That's great you let her help you! I miss you guys!

The Mattesons said...

What a little cutie she is! And I love the pic with her in the pot. Looks like you guys had a great day. My boys LOVE to bake and we have such a great time together when we do it...even though it takes a bit longer, it's always worth it.

Karla Christiansen said...

Grace cracks me up! I love that she shows more restraint than me with homemade cookies. Seriously only one or two?! What's her secret?

By the way, love the ice park shots! I am thinking the park probably closed this weekend, so I am enjoying all the wonderful pictures you took!

Holly said...

She is so cute!!

Heather said...

Todd and I love the top pic of Gracie-- such a little homemaker! She is probably a better cook than me by now--- a feat easily done though.

Laura said...

I love the pic of her holding the cookies too. What a cutie :)

Anonymous said...

So much fun! She sure was my sweet little helper over Christmas. Love, Gramma