Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving was pretty relaxing, surprisingly.  Earlier in the week, we enjoyed a Thanksgiving lunch with the Medical Clinic on base.  Then, on Thanksgiving Day, we hung out with some friends, eating and watching football.  I had fun trying my hand at making pies.  I made a pumpkin pie for the first time and a chess pie.  Buttermilk chess pies are not very common, which is a sad thing because they are SO yummy!
 
For fun, we experimented with the cold weather by sticking a raw egg outside.  We let it freeze.  Then we peeled it.  We sometimes have to make our own fun! 


We left it out there for a week or so but when it disappeared, we think Vince, our dog, ate it.

We'll wrap up this post with a little Texas Pride!  Thanks Uncle Michael and Aunt Kathy for reminding the kiddos of their roots! (Photos from Sept.)

Yee-haw!

2 comments:

The Hardy Party! said...

Ha! Love the Texas pics, especially Kyle's hat!

Laura said...

Cute TX clothes...they gotta get ready for that! I love that you have to make your own fun...